Prev: Re: Retrograde from hell Next: blue!

Re: [FT] FB2 Errata

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 21:14:15 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] FB2 Errata

Bell, Brian K wrote:

>I am not arguing that extra power may be put into the weapon to do
>extra damage (as I have stated before), only that the rules do not
>SPECIFICALLY STATE (only imply) that they can do so.

The rules text does not specifically state that a single Stinger can
fire multiple dice. The two examples which follows the rule and shows
the author's intention specifically state that it can do so.

>			Power Points Required
> Range 	1d6	2d6	3d6	4d6	5d6	6d6	...
> 0-12		1	2	3	4	5	6
> 12.x-24	2	4	6	8	10	12
> 24.x-36	4	8	12	16	24	28
> 36.x-48	8	16	24	32	40	48
> 48.x-60	16	32	48	64	80	96
> 60.x-72	32	64	96	128	160	192
> etc.
>	The above chart provides range along the left
>	hand side of the chart and dice of damage
>	along the top of the chart and provides an
>	indexed power point cost for the shot.

Apart from a few erroneous values in the 24-36mu range bracket, this
table is correct. Unfortunately, if it is read the way you read the
rule, it
effectively says that no stinger may fire more than 6 dice in one turn
- because the table stops at 6 dice. Unless the table is infinitely
wide it only moves the problem without solving it, and you *still*
need to rely on the example to understand the rule author's intent.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Retrograde from hell Next: blue!