Prev: Re: FB2... hmmmm... Next: RE: FB2... hmmmm...

Re: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 08:13:52 -0600
Subject: Re: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:49:51 -0500, "Dean Gundberg" writes:
>> I have been through some playtest experiences (B5Wars and Fleet
>> Books I & II
>> most directly), so I know a bit about how errors slip through.
>> Still, I find
>> it hard to believe that many errors could slip through unless the
>> playtesters were either flooded with info or ignored when the final
draft
>> was produced (and I know B5Wars was improved by playtest, so I have
>> assume Fleet Action was, too).
>
>FA chaged greatly from its initial playtest pack to what was finally
>released.  The problem was, as Robert Glass just mentioned on the FA
mailing
>list, that they rushed it into production and it only went by 1 editor
>instead of the usual 3 editors.  The B5 list had repeaadedly said to
delay
>products to get them right the first time but they pushed it on this
and
>Robert says it won't happen again and all the corrections will be in
the
>first supplement of all of the Earth and Minbari ships.
>
>AoG messed up and this will hurt them.

I'm hoping they come up with something better than "buy the first
supplement and all will be clear".  Not really a good decision I
think.	But AoG has to figure out how to be a business, just like
everyone else.

>FYI, anyone else read that Wizards of the Coast is now buying Last
Unicorn
Games?

Yep.  Now seen this from 3 sources, so I think its true.  I wonder is
Seattle just has this effect on companies?  Maybe something in the
water.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: FB2... hmmmm... Next: RE: FB2... hmmmm...