Prev: RE: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review Next: Re: The Airbrushing Chronicles Part III

Re: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 08:03:42 -0600
Subject: Re: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:35:06 -0400 , "Tom.McCarthy" writes:
>On p. 88, a few lines below "Desinged and written by: Robert Glass"
you'll
>find the following:
>
>"We would like to thank the following playtesters and any whom we may
have
>missed for their contributions to producing the game:"
> and then a list which includes Michael Llaneza  in the second column
and
>Matthew Seidl in the fifth column.
>
>I really wasn't taking a shot at these guys, just expressing ( in an
oblique
>fashion ) my belief that you two could explain things much better than
the
>author, Robert Glass, did.
>
>I have been through some playtest experiences (B5Wars and Fleet Books I
& II
>most directly), so I know a bit about how errors slip through. Still, I
find
>it hard to believe that many errors could slip through unless the
>playtesters were either flooded with info or ignored when the final
draft
>was produced (and I know B5Wars was improved by playtest, so I have to
>assume Fleet Action was, too).

>From everything I've heard a LOT of changes happened between the
copies playtesters got, and the published edition.  I'm still waiting
for my copy to arrive, but when it does, I'll give it a read.  I have
hopes that the system can be salvaged, as I thought it was a good
idea, and had some really good ideas, but apparently its presentation
leaves something to be desired.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: RE: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review Next: Re: The Airbrushing Chronicles Part III