Prev: ARGH Re: [OT] EFSB at Titan Games Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review

Re: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review

From: Michael Llaneza <imperialdispatches@y...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 11:05:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review

--- "Tom.McCarthy" <Tom.McCarthy@cbu.xwavesolutions.com> wrote:
> I liked watching B5 on TV, so I've looked at Babylon 5 Wars, Earth
Force
> Sourcebook, and now Fleet Action as games both as competition to Full
Thrust
> and as sources of ideas.
>
> Sadly, Fleet Action is the least professional or polished of these
products.
> The book suffers from a number of significant flaws such as:

You shoulda seen the first draft.

> For those who want to play the game, I can recommend the Agents of
Gaming
> web page which has the errata (which answered many of my questions)
and some
> missing (critical) charts.  Still, it takes a lot of paper to play a
fleet
> action, and the fleet
> building process is complicated.

on the FA mailing list Rob Glass has officially apologized for the
terrible
editing and quality control.

> Perhaps Matt Seidl or Mike Llaneza can explain when your 'Come About'
rating
> is reduced and relative vs. absolute movement to me sometin\me ?

I haven't gotten a copy of FA yet, but based on the last playtest draft
I saw
(the one with the final graphics and layout) I'm not in any hurry. Try
my B5FB1
conversions:

http://imperialdispatches.editthispage.com/stories/storyReader$28

I'm particularly interested in feedback on my energy mines and laser
rules.

=====
Michael Llaneza
see also maserati@flash.net
http://imperialdispatches.editthispage.com/
When they took the fourth amendment, I was quiet because I didn't deal
drugs.
When they took the sixth amendment, I was quiet because I was innocent.
When they took the second amendment, I was quiet because I didn't own a
gun.
Now they've taken the first amendment, and I can say nothing about it."

Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!
http://photos.yahoo.com

Prev: ARGH Re: [OT] EFSB at Titan Games Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars Fleet Action review