Prev: Re: [FT] Missing ships Next: RE: Measuring things...

Re: Measuring things...

From: Jeremey Claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 09:55:34 +0100 ()
Subject: Re: Measuring things...

>  >Can I pre-measure distances to all ships?
>
> Yep, if it takes your fancy, though we usually just measure to the
ones we
> think we have a chance of being in range of ;)

Funny this because despite the technology involved, myself and the
people I game with
normally never pre-measure anything ever. We leave it all to guess work.

Means we sort of end up using sci-fi battleships like Spanish galleons
:)

Mind you thinking about it you could always make it a game issue. How
about
fire controls are the same as DSII where you buy Basic/Enhanced/Superior

Basic lets you pre-measure one target, Enhanced 2 targets, Superior 3
targets.

Or to keep it even more simple how about sacrificing a fire control to
allow pre-measuring.

>  >Can I measure angles?
>
> We've often done that to check you're in arc if its a close one.

I have an fire arc template which I printed onto a tranparent film. When
any ship wants to fire
it can be rested on top of the model to see exactly who's in what fire
arc. I've never had a
problem over fire arcs.

Jeremey Claridge
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

Prev: Re: [FT] Missing ships Next: RE: Measuring things...