Prev: Re: Ship copies was: Ship sales Next: Re: [FT] Missing ships

Re: Ship copies was: Ship sales

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 17:29:58 +1000
Subject: Re: Ship copies was: Ship sales

From: "Donald Hosford" <Hosford.Donald@ACD.net>

> I once heard of a Korean electronics firm that had purchased an
"automated
> circuit board solding" machine.  It was a massive unit about 30-40
feet
long.
> And right beside it was a perfect copy the plant's engineers had made
of
the
> orginal.

This may be an "urban legend", but I don't think so. The Koreans are
*good*
at reverse engineering mechanical things.Often they make significant
improvements
from the original (like the Egyptians do with military electronics).

Prev: Re: Ship copies was: Ship sales Next: Re: [FT] Missing ships