Prev: Re: FT 3d Image Gallery Next: Re: Ship Sales II

Re: Ship Sales II

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 22:30:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Ship Sales II

>    You've omitted the PAU, whom I would suggest has some
self-design
>capability,  but mostly purchases from the  FSE, NAC, and ESU.
The PAU is
>documented in FB1 as purchasing from the ESU and FSE

   The initial FTL capability was FSE, along with the Islamic
Fed's FTL.  However, that was quite a few years ago.  As the FSE
supported the IF, and as the IF and PAU grew increasingly
antagonistic, the PAU switched most of its purchasing to NAC and
ESU.

   Of course, factions within the FSE might be quite willing to
let a few ship plans go to the PAU, either with or without
official blessing.  In this as in anything else, if you want to
use the ships in your fleet, do so--all this "whose ships are
sold to whom" stuff is just logical suggestions for those who
are developing the semi-canon histories.  If your ideas
contradict this, just give us a reasonably plausible explanation
and go right ahead.
    Example--"the Alarishi Empire, not noted for getting along
with either the IF or FSE, nonetheless has a Jerez class CH.
You see, it was being transferred from the FSE shipyard to the
IF, in the course of which an Alarishi special ops team managed
to capture it.	How did they work this miracle?  Ah, therein
lies a tale..."  You can embroider from there.
   On the other hand, if I said "Alarish has purchased 18 SDN
and 5 CVA from the UN", even though no fleet list of UN ships
has been published you could, with perfect justification, say
"Buy?  Since when has Alarish had any desire to interact with
the UN?"--or with even better justification (yes, better than
perfect) say  "That quite a capital investment you have there,
and you've only got 37 million people.	Exactly how are you
paying for this?"
   The gripping hand (yes, I know, you were waiting for me to
say that) is that you can always do whatever you like.	As long
as you pay for the minis, Jon Tuffley isn't very likely to send
the Canon Police to break down your door and take you away in
the middle of the night. And if he ever finds himself in charge
of a Canon Police squad, he probably has higher priority
abductees in mind, anyway.
   However, if you _do_ find Canon Police burning through your
door at two in the morning, bear in mind that they always carry
a portable Teske Field generator, and resistance is useless.

Prev: Re: FT 3d Image Gallery Next: Re: Ship Sales II