Prev: Re: [DS] Coatai Next: Re: [FT] Missing ships

Re: [FT] Missing ships

From: aebrain@d...
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 23:28:54 GMT
Subject: Re: [FT] Missing ships

>The following are listed in the Fleet Book as having been sold
>to other powers: -->8--
>Now the question is...who bought them?
>
>Undetermined customers (canon only): Indonesian Commonwealth,
>OU, New Israel, Sayeed Khalifate, Dutch, Free Cal-Tex, LLAR, and
>Romanov Hegemony (plus anyone I've forgotten).  Some or all of
>these may build their own ships (including FB1 designs built
>under license from the major power), and non-canon powers may
>have bought some (e.g. Alarish acquired a Jerez).  Suggestions
>as to which suppliers sold to which clients?
>
>I'd say the PAU buys from NAC (thus the Kinshasa) and ESU,
>alternating as the political climate changes.

Concur.

The OU has 2 of the FSE Battlecruisers, though with a slightly different
weapons
fit as the FSE didn't supply any missile systems for them.

In addition, the OU has at least 1 NAC Capital Ship - I must look up
Brendan
Robertson's page again to see exactly what it is.

Basically, I want to make sure that anyone who has a well-painted
miniature,
preferably one that has a picture on the web, has "first dibs" on
unallocated
ships (after Canon). Thus the "Dreamtime" painted ships of the OU.

Second priority is to people who have written up some fiction or
background
material which requires a ship of a particular class to be in a
particular Navy.
Thus the 2 FSE BCs of the OU.

I think this is as good a method of allocation as any. Anyone want to be
Keeper
of the Keys? Any reaction from The Tuffley?

Prev: Re: [DS] Coatai Next: Re: [FT] Missing ships