Prev: Re: Tactics manual? Next: Re: New Israel Website Update

Re: [DS/SG]Strategic Stargrunt

From: Aron_Clark@d...
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 08:48:12 -0700
Subject: Re: [DS/SG]Strategic Stargrunt

There is a nice collection of PBEM utility links at,
http://www.wanderinghorse.net/gaming/  You might start here.  I'm using
Cyberboard for some other pbem projects, I like it quite a bit.

"Denny Graver" <den_den_den@talk21.com> on 05/25/2000 05:58:56 PM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

To:   gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Aron Clark/AM/Avid)
Subject:  [DS/SG]Strategic Stargrunt

I'm thinking of running a SG/DS PBEMbattle using the chain
of command, fog of war, LOS etc - fighting the out a game based on say..
The
Ogre Scenario: Ceasefire collapse would be interesting, I think.
Obviously
the game scales are different, and GZG powered armour troops don#t shoot
I'm still formulating my ideas on this, but it would run like a
kreigspiel
style
game with unit commanders knowing where the enemy is only if he can be
seen/detected.

DS Players would give general orders for their units which would advance
towards their objectives/waypoints at the appropriate speed.  When
forces
make Contact the game turn would be noted and details would be sent to
appropriate unit commanders for responses.  This might mean a battle
resolved by Dirtside if the forces are large enough, or Stargrunt if
Skirmish sized.

Any thoughts on this, anyone ?

:DEN

MKW Veteran, 7-Player Stellar Conquest GM, RMN Commander

P.s.  Any pointers to Pregenerated Web-based TO&E would be appreciated,
_especially_ Vechicle stats. game conversions , etc.

Prev: Re: Tactics manual? Next: Re: New Israel Website Update