Prev: Re: Tactics manual? Next: Re: Tactics manual?

RE: HBW and Cutter Beam

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 07:49:57 -0700
Subject: RE: HBW and Cutter Beam

>Special:
>  Damage is marked off VERTICALLY rather than horizontally.
>  If damage from a CB reaches the last row of its target's
>  damage tracks, the target rolls a threshold check per its
>  current threshold level. If damage is beyond the last
>  damage track, additional damage is lost.

I experimaented with a vertical damage weapon, and few seemed
interested.
Mine, however, did not have the additional threshold check.

Speaking of which, I think that it's too powerful to have a threshold
check
whenever a row is lost. This puts larger ships at a distinct
disadvantage
as they have both more rows of boxes, and more systems to loose from the
checks.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Tactics manual? Next: Re: Tactics manual?