Prev: Re: Of questionable nationality.... [mostly OT] Next: Re: [DS/SG]Strategic Stargrunt

Re: Tactics manual?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 00:18:32 -0400
Subject: Re: Tactics manual?

On Wed, 24 May 2000 08:48:58 +0300 (EEST), Mikko Kurki-Suonio
<maxxon@dram.swob.dna.fi> wrote:

>Thus you'd end up either with countless permutations of over-specific
>tactics, or some over-general wishy-washy handwaving...

I think, though, that general advice for new players would be helpful.
Things
like what speed ratings work best under general circumstances, going
after the
small ships first, how to effectively place salvo missiles, that sort of
thing. Nothing too specific, but just general advice that a new player
can
build on. The sort of stuff that takes half a dozen games to figure out.

Otherwise you're right, the tactics will be determined by the situation.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: Of questionable nationality.... [mostly OT] Next: Re: [DS/SG]Strategic Stargrunt