Prev: [DS/SG]Strategic Stargrunt Next: Drop Bears was:RE: Of questionable nationality.... [mostly OT]

Re: Japan was Royal Dutch Commonwealth

From: aebrain@d...
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 01:04:39 GMT
Subject: Re: Japan was Royal Dutch Commonwealth

>>How about ThyssenKrupp Raumsmarine IG (or AG, I don't recall
>>which would be more appropriate and my German is very shaky
>>anyway)?

IIRC.... AG == Aktien Gesellschaft, or Stock (as in "Stocks and shares")
Company.
Meaning that it's traded on a stock exchange.

You might be careful of using actual company names though - someone
might object.
Still, it's probably safe.

Some German and other military firms you might consider:

British Aerospace (BAE) (UK)
GEC-Marconi (UK)
Hollandse Signaal Apparaten (HSA) (Dutch, but owned by...)
Thomson Sintra (France)
Ferranti (UK)

Rheinmetall AG
Thyssen-Nordseewerk
Deutsche Aerospace
System Teknik Nord (STN)
Atlas Elektronik
Krupp
Bremer Vulkan

The names remain, but the ownership changes. The firm I was employed by
in 1987
was Krupp-Atlas-Elektronik, but then Krupp sold to Bremer-Vulkan, and it
became
Atlas Elektronik, which then merged with STN (owned by Deutsche
Aerospace),
then those shares were sold to Rheinmetall and BAE.

"Who are we owned by this week?" was a joke, but only just.

Prev: [DS/SG]Strategic Stargrunt Next: Drop Bears was:RE: Of questionable nationality.... [mostly OT]