Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet Match-ups/Strategies? Next: Newbie Hello

Re: [FT] Fleet Match-ups/Strategies?

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 13:47:42 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Fleet Match-ups/Strategies?

Brian Bell wrote:

> Indy has some fleet rosters at
> http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/full-thrust/fleet-rosters.html. I do not
know if
> he has play tested some battle groups against others or not. Indy???

Man, I wish I had time to play more!

I've played more with the destroyer/cruiser-destroyer sized flotillas
in one-offs than with the Big Fleets from my rosters. I have played
a couple of Big Fleet engagements; one of these became my scenario
"Carrier Ops!" (http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/full-thrust/ft-s8.html).
This particular one has been played a few times, most recently at
this year's GZG-ECC III. The results were very different in each
game. The historical outcome was the most bloody scenario so far
(the ESU managed to catch the two NAC carriers and toast them).

Anyway, the un-asked question about how balanced the various fleets
or battle groups are, the ones I've used in gaming have seemed pretty
balanced to me. Haven't had to do much tweaking at all (if any).

Now I need to start on the K'V, Phalon, and S'V fleet "rosters"...
(hah! see my other message about 'copious free time' ;-)

Mk

Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet Match-ups/Strategies? Next: Newbie Hello