Prev: [OT] Oger / GEV Next: SV: (FB) More Ship Designs available

Re: [FT] SV Screen Node Question

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 18:43:48 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] SV Screen Node Question

Dean Gundberg wrote:

>I have a question for on SV screen nodes and the mass they take up.
It >is mainly for Jon TO give an official ruling but I'll let everyone
voice their
>opinion.  I'm finalizing an excel spreadsheet for designing all ships
from
>FB1 and FB2 and this situation came up. (I'll post the sheet on my
'Star
>Ranger's Stuff' page later tonight)
>
>According to the rules, each node is 5% the mass of the ship, but no
>mention is made stating that if you have 2 nodes, it is 10% (like is
done >with screens in FB1).  So if the ship has 2 nodes, do the
percentages >get added before multiplying times mass or is each node's
mass >calculated separately?

Good question. I'd interpret the rule as "calculate each node's mass
separately".

If Schoon's suggestion (having to power the bigger screen node first if
you have different-sized screen nodes) is adopted, you'll sooner or
later lose the bigger node to a threshold check and have the smaller
one unable to operate as well (since you *can't* power the bigger node
first when it is knocked down...).

>Also how about Phalon Vapour Shrouds, same situation, combine
>percentages or calculate separately?

Separately.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: [OT] Oger / GEV Next: SV: (FB) More Ship Designs available