Prev: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: (FB) More Ship Designs available

Re: Campaign costs

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 02:47:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Campaign costs

Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> (snippage)

> > I always thought that ships should only have one value to purchase
it.
> > As to combat values, let the systems on board each ship speak for
> > themselves...
>
> I take it, then, that you are a proponent of the competetive point
system?

> Anyway, this is not quite the same thing. Ligthning Strike recognizes
that
> some ships are more valuable in a campaign environment than in
> one-offs. This has nothing to do with any economic cost to build. An
> extreme example would be an unarmed fleet supply freighter -- totally
dead
> weight in a one-off, but worth its weight in gold in a campaign.
>
> --
> maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio)	    | A pig who doesn't
fly
> GSM +358 50 5596411 Tel +358 9 8092681	    | is just an
ordinary pig
> Länsimetsä 3B1 02300 ESPOO FINLAND	 Hate me? Try | 	- Porco
Rosso
> http://www.swob.dna.fi/~maxxon/      hateme.html  |

Something like having to buy freighters in a Starfire: New Empires game.
Totally useless in combat, but extreamly valuable for shiping your
"Imperial
Income" around.

"Competetive point system"?

Could you discribe what this means?

In my limited/simple understanding, points are used to buy the ships I
use to
try to bash my opponent's ships with.

(I am not being annoying -- I hope -- I just never understood it...)

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: (FB) More Ship Designs available