Prev: Re: (FB) More Ship Designs available Next: Re: (FT) Floating table

Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi [CLEAN STAMP]

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 00:42:51 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi [CLEAN STAMP]

On Fri, 19 May 2000 15:09:08 -0400, "Rick Rutherford" <Rick@esr.com>
wrote:

>I haven't had any problems finding Iain Banks' sci-fi novels here
>in the USA -- "Player of Games" is excellent (and would be
>appropriate for any of the members of this list -- heh heh heh...)
>and "Use of Weapons" is horrific and fascinating.

No problem here in Canada, either. I haven't read a lot of his, but I
enjoyed
"Player of Games". His first Culture novel wasn't bad, but this was
better.
His non-sci-fi books are pretty good, but I'd imagine some on the list
would
take offence by a couple of them. *S* "The Crow Road" (essentially magic
realism) was made into a pretty good British mini-series.

Looks like it's time for me to peruse Amazon.uk again...

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: (FB) More Ship Designs available Next: Re: (FT) Floating table