Prev: RE: [SG][DS][Campaigns] Mass transport and low G planets Next: Re: [FT] Fleet Survey #1: Fleet Ownership

Re: fleet survey

From: "Charles N. Choukalos" <chuckc@b...>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 09:20:29 -0400
Subject: Re: fleet survey

Beth/Allan,

I have several fleets actually.
An extensive NSL fleet (basically my huge battle fleet)
An extensive Kravak fleet (the generically hated enemies.. well so far
at
least)
A smallish  ESU fleet... just because I love the look of the Battleship
&
   the BDN
A smallish FSE fleet... cause the Foch SDN is a pretty cool looking
mini....

I don't have my copy of FB2 yet... but I really can't see owning the
phalon minis... they just don't seem all that (hum... chose words
carefully) interesting.  As far as the Savasku go.... I'd have to say
I'm
a ditto there too... Most likely I'll just stick to riding my
motorcycles
this summer and wing it...

My recomendation for fleets in order of preference (official fleet... an

my play style...  Rember I like big ship of the line minis... and kinda
try to play like that....)

1.  NSL -> they just look cool... but tactically the big ships are
really
too
	   slow, but they are huge damage sinks.  I prefer the cruisers,

	   especially the rictofen/heavy cruisers.....
2.  ESU -> At first I really didn't like them.	I think that the super
	   destroyer, frigate, and the "new" hulls (- the BC of course),

and
	   the "new" ca  are fairly nice looking.  But in practice the
ships
	   fight very well.  So even though this was the 4th fleet I
picked up
	   I'd put them 2nd really.
3.  Kravak-> cool looking minis.... under the old rules they were
butt-kickers.
	     I'll have to see for the new rules though...
4.  FSE -> The mini's look cool, the SML's are pretty cool too... but
design
	   wise the FSE I don't think have a very good fleet
construction...
	   I'm more the loadem up with SML's kinda guy.  However I do
like the
	   manuverability... and if you retrofit the CA with class-3's,
along
	   with the CE/CL's... you can have a pretty kick ass high speed

	   cruser force.
5.  NAC -> they're just not really that cool... This was my 2nd fleet...

but
	   after playing with them for a bit... I really prefer the ESU
play
	   wise over them.

Anyway........ that's my apples.

Chuck

--
The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast and you miss all you are traveling for.
|Chuck Choukalos | IBM : 1000 River Road   | Phone:802-769-5787 (tie
446)

|PD Methodology  | Essex Junction, VT 05452| Fax  :802-769-5722 (tie
446)

|Department	 | Bldg. 863H Dept. G07V   | Email:chuckc@btv.ibm.com

-

Prev: RE: [SG][DS][Campaigns] Mass transport and low G planets Next: Re: [FT] Fleet Survey #1: Fleet Ownership