Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Minis Next: [FT] Sa'Vasku power question...

Re: Sa'Vasku power generators

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 07:02:35 +0200
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku power generators

Roger Books wrote:

>I'm answering my own question here.
>
>Sa'Vasku power generators must make threshold checks.	Why?

No.

>The rules explicitly state you can repair PGs.  How does this
>force threshold checks?
>
>I am playing Sa'Vasku, my first row of hull goes down and I
>lose a PG.
>
>I then fix it as per the rules.  Suddenly, because they never
>take thresholds I never have to worry about that PG going
>down again.
>
>I just don't see that.  Also, the rules do not say they do not
>take thresholds so they must.

The intention of the rule which says "...it does not have to be rolled
for during the threshold check" is that you don't need to roll for ANY
PGs. You lose one, and only one, automatically each time you take a
threshold check

You're quite correct that it then won't go down again. The problem with
repairing PGs is that they take quite a bit of power to fix (out of
your already-depleted pool) - and if you manage to fix it, you still
have the problem of your *other* systems going down. It isn't quite as
generous as it seems to be on first sight :-/

As for needle beams, I treat the PGs as equivalents to the other races'
Core Systems.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Minis Next: [FT] Sa'Vasku power question...