Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Ship Lifecycle Next: RE: [SC] Stellar Conquest PBEM

Re: Sa'Vasku Ship Lifecycle

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 08:39:50 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku Ship Lifecycle

On 17-May-00 at 08:34, Laserlight (laserlight@quixnet.net) wrote:
> >Sa'Vasku ships come in 4 basic varieties:
> >a) Sterile Mules
> >b) "Males"
> >c) "Females"
> >d) (Hypthesised, never seen) "Breeders"
> >

> "When I grow up, I want to be a superdreadnaught.  I'll find
> some cute, sexy battlecruiser, we'll settle down somewhere and
> have lots of frigates."
>
> The concept of "mating dreadnoughts" is a bit boggling.
> Perhaps, given the owners' origin, they arrange things
> analogously to fish, ie the female lays corvette-sized eggs,
> then male provides fighter-sized bits of its replicative coding.

Or they could do the mating sequence from The Reality Dysfunction,
with the males chasing the female and the fastest one catching her.
Of course, the bio-ships in those books was a bit smaller with a
human crew of 5 or 6.  Once caught genetic material swapped, I
believe the eggs were "laid" only moments before they hatched.

Roger

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Ship Lifecycle Next: RE: [SC] Stellar Conquest PBEM