Prev: [OT] Crusades Next: Re: Sa'Vasku Ship Lifecycle

Re: Sa'Vasku

From: Jaime Tiampo <sage@b...>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 22:53:32 -0700
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku

Brian Bell wrote:

> I would go for #1.
> For refueling (as opposed to repair), they could skim hydrogen and
other
> gases from any nearby gas giant or convert ice from a Keplar <sp> belt
> object planet rings, etc.  Repair would probably need heavy elements
(such
> as iron) provided by an asteroid field.
>
> While Bugs Don't Surf (BDS) has not been written yet, I might suggest
that
> fleets with wombs, may generate creatures to forage for biomass on a
nearby
> world (think interface craft with aliens inside).

I'd agree with that. The Sa'Vas space constructs are specifically
designed to be in space and you'd think therefore able to feed
themselves there.

Now there are couple of ways they could forrage for food. Each construct
might be able to digest asteroids and suck directly. That way each ship,
if alone could sustain itself. another option is that ships with wombs
produce drones that predigest minderals into something that the
constructs can absorb. There could also be special food ships, like the
sugar ants that store food for hte hive.

Now a question I have is that it's aluded to that the constructs grow
over time, in a campaigne, should you allow ships to grow over time and
would you have to pay for the extra points from resource points if
they're part of the game. I've been playing around with the idea of
having a "queen" ship that births frigate to destroyer size ships that
would grow up slowly to be bigger ships. I'm working on how much a ship
can grow in a given turn compared to the construction capabilities of
other races. Any thoughts on this?

Jaime

Prev: [OT] Crusades Next: Re: Sa'Vasku Ship Lifecycle