Prev: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation Next: Re: FT: Wave Guns

RE: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 20:16:33 -0700
Subject: RE: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000

>Thanks for the review.  I have't gotten around to playing it yet, but
it is
>definatly a different type of game than FT.   Using FT for the battles
could
>work but how would the supply factor work for in FT terms?

That's a toughie.

It works very well when combat is abstracted, but becomes more difficult
when translating into tactical terms. The very simplicity of FT makes it
granular. In other words, it's hard to make a small change. You could
generalise the effects as a -1 on any "to hit" roll, allowing that it's
sum of a great number of other factors, from crew fatigue to reduced
maneuverability.

The problem is: that's a big penalty. Though I'm of the opinion that
it's
not unwarranted, I'm sure that there are those who'd disagree.

Schoon

Prev: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation Next: Re: FT: Wave Guns