Prev: Entry parameters Next: Re: Random thoughts on campaigning

RE: FT: Wave Guns

From: "Andrew Apter" <andya@s...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 15:10:06 -0400
Subject: RE: FT: Wave Guns

It depends on what you are trying to do with a wave gun or nova cannon.
use them to make my opponent maneuver in a way I have some control of.
If I
can break a ship off from its escorts it becomes missile bait or a
target to
overwhelm while keeping away from the enemies main fire power. Wave guns
in
are group also tend to draw fire out of proportion to the damage they do
few of my wave gun ship designs are little more then beam sponges that
divert weapons away from my main attack.   Anything that cuts down an
opponents options helps, even if you only do a few points damage.  Only
in
very limited cases would I take a fleet of nothing but these weapons.
They
work best combined with missles and/or fighters.