Prev: Re: A big problem for the next 100 years - energy demands Next: Entry parameters

Fusion

From: sportyspam@h...
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 14:51:30 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Fusion

  Not long ago, from reading SciAm and the like I was given the
impression
that commercial fusion reactors would be available in about 50 years.
Reading this... http://www.iter.org/ it seems to indicate less than 30
years.	As energy costs go up, and more and more money continues to get
put into fusion research, I expect that number to keep decreasing.  :D
We
can always hope anyway.
  Now if only NASA could stop losing their darned probes...

Prev: Re: A big problem for the next 100 years - energy demands Next: Entry parameters