Prev: Re: Random thoughts on campaigning Next: Re: Geo-Hex's webpage

re: [OFFICIAL] another related question (was: Re: Entry speeds)

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 13:40:40 -0400
Subject: re: [OFFICIAL] another related question (was: Re: Entry speeds)

> Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 08:50:05 +0100
> From: Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
> Subject: [OFFICIAL] another related question (was: Re: Entry speeds)

> >Facing depends on scenatio, but generally towards one another.
> >
> >Speed, I tend to use a multiple of the ship's Main Drive rating.
> >

> >Schoon
>
> To add an [OFFICIAL] question to Mikko's useful little poll, what do
peop=
> le
> think about legislating on entry speeds, directions etc. in the rules
as =
> general principle? Should we have hard and fast rules, or
> suggestions/guidelines, or leave it open (as it is now) for each
playing
> group to decide for themselves?
>
> Jon (GZG)

what we use is exactly like schoon's group.

i prefer to leave it open as it is now because of the vast permutations
of
scenario type and racial type.	to legislate a guideline or rule would
result in a vast list of rules that would be quickly outdated IMO.  to
me,
the result doesn't justify the effort.	after all FB2 just came out and
folks are still working out their tactics.

my 2 shekels,
dave

Prev: Re: Random thoughts on campaigning Next: Re: Geo-Hex's webpage