Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Next: FT: starting positions

FT: Wave Guns

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 10:06:06 EDT
Subject: FT: Wave Guns

Do others think that Wave Guns are too expensively balanced?
Their limited arc and no other weapons fire makes them a very
chancy thing.  Yes, they may hit multiple targets, but how often
does that really happen?  I played a non-cloaking "Romulan" fleet
the other night, 3 ships had 2 WGs each (so can fire one while the
other recharges), and 2 ships had 1 WG each.  All the ships
were speed 6 and most got to fire at least one WG at a target.
No 2 targets were close enough for both to be hit.  But the damage
inflicted was minimal compared to the massive beam barage
that was returned by the enemy.  It also doesn't help that on
a 4D6 WG hit I rolled 4 1s (is that Ones position still being
voted upon?).  But even an above average roll wouldn't come
close to the enemy's fire.  I'd rather take pulse torpedoes in
place of the mass of a WG.  Maybe it was the battle against
"6s are me" Steve and his uber MD2 ships (yes, I got to his
rear arc with 1 surviving ship but it was no match to what he
had left, which was plenty) and others had better success
with WGs?

Glen

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Next: FT: starting positions