Prev: Re: Entry speeds Next: [OFFICIAL] another related question (was: Re: Entry speeds)

Re: A battle report (sort of)

From: Jaime Tiampo <sage@b...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 00:31:41 -0700
Subject: Re: A battle report (sort of)

Paul Radford wrote:

> convention. The Sa'Vasku completely outclassed the Kra'Vak. The
reasons were
> simply due to the fixed forward arcs of their primary K-guns. Both
Sa'Vasku
> and Kra'vak possess advanced drives (we were using cinematic movement
> incidentally) but Sa'Vasku stinger nodes are not really limited by
arcs in
> the same way. As it turned out, fast moving Sa'Vasku ships were able
> either a) keep out of range or b) be outside the forward arcs of the
k-guns,
> and continue to fire. Even if they are rolling a couple of dice and
scoring

I just finished my first game with the Kra'Vak, the Sa'Vasku, and humans
in vector. I had a mix of ships from Superdreadnought down to Destroyer
size with the same mixes in the other fleets. I found that the Sa'Vas
were great at snipping at ships at long long range. And with their
manuvourbility I could stay out of enemy fire range. The game really
didn't show the strengths of the Sa'Vas past that since after my
opponents discovered the ranges I could shoot at they moved quickly away
and engaged each other instead.

> a few points of damage, its more than the Kra'Vak were able to do. On
top of
> this, the Sa'Vasku had on average, more power available to weapons and
> thrust simply due to the fact that they never had a need to power up
their
> shield nodes (no power allocated to defense) as they have no effect on
> K-guns anyway. I feel Sa'Vasku may not fair so well against everyone
else
> and that Kra'Vak may fair much better against non-Sa'Vasku (which we
have
> yet to test!). At least i hope so, what with a shipment of Kra'Vak
> miniatures on order! :)

You could really see how screwed the kra'vak are at range but once they
get close they can dish out huge amounts of damage. I watched a
Battleship at 140mass just dissintagrate from the fire of one kra'vak
dreadnought.

We realy haven't seen the kra'vak or the sa'vas show their true colours
yet. It'll take a lot more games but my initial view is that the sa'vas
have to use their ability to out maneuver out of range and then charge
in if they're caught up with, while the kra'vak have to move in at full
thrust to get in close or they'll get hammered by beams at long range.

jaime

Prev: Re: Entry speeds Next: [OFFICIAL] another related question (was: Re: Entry speeds)