Prev: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

Re: Colonization

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 13:36:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Colonization

> Out of curiosity, has anyone given a reason for step c) (that being
someone
> joining a founding colony if they have the money)? That is, has anyone
come up
> with a good reason for colonization in the first place?

Different people have different preferences.  Some people like lots of
space.
Case in point, where I grew-up in rural central Florida, over half of
the
childeren in who grew in that neck swamp have left Florida for rural
Georgia and
rural Caroloina's.  Why?  They didn't do it for money, the did it for
"elbow
room."	The don't like living in crowded areas and everything that goes
with it.
Not everybody likes to be pampered and spoon fed by suburbia...

If you want more info, I suggest you read the Laura Ingles Wilder
serries.
They'ed pack up and move farther west every time the heard a gun shot in
the woods
and it wasn't theirs...

IAS

Prev: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation