Prev: Re: Colonization Next: Re: Avalon Hill Starship Troopers Game.

Re: [FH] Dollars per credit

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 00:15:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [FH] Dollars per credit

On Sat, 13 May 2000 23:27:48 -0400, "Laserlight"
<laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote:

>Now, some of my figures are rough, but I'd say that the USN has
>somewhat more than 4200 points worth of ships.
>
>On the other hand, if we use $1 = Cr 1.75, we wind up with
>186,082 points worth of ships.  My initial feel is that that's
>rather high.
>
>Comments?

I didn't check your math or anything, however this is based on current
peacetime spending. What would the numbers be for the US Navy during
World War
II? The NAC and the other forces are essentially on a war footing.

Actually, it might be more realistic to compare to the British navy in
the
19th century, with periods of war prevalent enough to require a
sufficiently
large standing navy. I may do some digging to see if any of my books
give an
idea of the cost of 19th century navies.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: Colonization Next: Re: Avalon Hill Starship Troopers Game.