Prev: [FH] Dollars per credit Next: Re: Colonization

Re: Avalon Hill Starship Troopers Game.

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 23:47:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Avalon Hill Starship Troopers Game.

On Fri, 12 May 2000 21:48:21 -0400, "Robert W. Hofrichter"
<RobHofrich@peoplepc.com> wrote:

>I heard from somewhere (can't remember the source) that the new version
of
>ST is nothing like the old, but since I haven't played it or even seen
the
>rules...

I have both versions. I played the original a few times, but it was hard
play solitaire against the bugs as the bugs needed to map out their
complexes
on a hex map. It was fun, though, and the first squad level game I saw
that
had a TO&E as part of the rules.

I have the movie version, too. I haven't played it yet, but it's
entiresly
different. It's simpler, the pieces are stand up and have a higher
production
quality (but you're talking the difference between the late 70s and the
mid
90s in game production). The game plays pretty quickly. I bought it
because it
had a lot of good reviews.

Whether or not you liked the movie, the movie's game looks like fun. To
Mark
S., the originator of this thread: if you're thinking of getting the
movie
game I can bring it to GenCon and we can give it a try. I don't know if
we'd
have time to squeeze in a game of the original game, but the movie game
is
possible.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: [FH] Dollars per credit Next: Re: Colonization