Prev: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

From: wargamergmw@j...
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 07:24:17 EDT
Subject: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

On Fri, 12 May 100 06:22:01 GMT aebrain@dynamite.com.au writes:
>>>From: Aron_Clark@digidesign.com
>
>Re: Hell Hole/Paradise
>

>>  So what if you pay better than any
>>other corp spinward of Rigel?
>> Where are they going to spend it?
>> And on what kind of life?
>
>If they're Australians, probably a life a lot like the one back home,
>just a
>bit easier, milder climate and less dangerous wildlife. (OK, the
>climate isn't
>milder, but the wildlife is.) During office hours, they'd be tucked
>away in
>an air-conditioned monitoring room, sipping a coldie and swapping
>yarns about
>whether the MegaSkunk in the company's ornamental garden is more
>venomous than
>their Boss (Consensus is yes, but it doesn't smell as bad..). Taking
>advantage
>of the Sauna outside to sweat out the consumed alcohol during a
>Tea-Break. Reading
>"A la Rechereche du Temps Perdue" and discussing Jean-Paul Sartre and
>Marcel
>Proust over a Pie Floater and a nice Chianti at lunchtime. Taking
>Sickies when
>there's a Cricket Match on. Taking a few hours each week to do their
>Volunteer
>Anti-Killerworm Patrol duties, and once or twice a year, burying the
>dead. Getting
>blotto at the wake, wrestling the resident Megaskunk in the garden to
>a draw,
>then having to be sent to hospital for the anti-venene and a really,
>REALLY
>thorough bath. Writing a Book about it. The Usual, in other words. The
>Men would
>do pretty much the same thing too.

I assume this is only for the types in the "civilized cities" areas,
Beth?  Not out on the "wilds" where it get REAL interesting?  >grin>

Gracias.
Glenn Wilson, Triple Threat Wargamer - (since 1959 loses equally well in
SF/Fantasy/Historical Games.)  Prefers Starguard Science Fiction,
Fantasy
Dwarf, 1500-1700 North America Skirmishes.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation Next: Re: [OT] Bureau of Relocation