Prev: Re: 1/300 destroyers Next: [OT] Bureau of Relocation

Re: OT: 1/300 destroyers

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 01:44:31 +1000
Subject: Re: OT: 1/300 destroyers

From: "McClure, Kent" <kent.mcclure@lmco.com>

>  Maybe one of the old
> motorized Lindbergh kits if you could find them.  But that would be
very
> crude.

Yes, the LSD (Landing Ship Dock) was a Lindberg, not a Monogram, but
it was by no means crude. Very good model indeed.
They also made a US LST in 1/250 which with a bit ( OK a lot) of
converting
is just right for a 1/290 scale British LST of the same vintage. Also a
good
kit.

In case you hadn't gathered, I have about as complete a collection of
large amphibious warfare vessels (destroyers, LSTs etc) in 1/285 or
thereabouts
as I think has been produced by anyone. They're VERY difficult to get.

Prev: Re: 1/300 destroyers Next: [OT] Bureau of Relocation