Prev: [fh] why justify? was Re: [OT]-Interstellar Trade: A new take Next: Re: [OT]-Interstellar Trade: A new take

Re: the IF designs, spinal mount

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 18:42:58 -0400
Subject: Re: the IF designs, spinal mount

From: GBailey@aol.com <GBailey@aol.com>

>It [offcenter firing arc] is minimaxing.

Now that you can make 2 rotations in a turn it's not very
important (unless Oerjan or someone informs me otherwise), at
least in Vector (which is what I play).

>In Cinematic mode 1-arc Beam-3s/Pulse Torps are dead meat.
>You'll get to fire the weapons once or twice at long range and
>the enemy will stay out of the arc for the rest of the game.
Maybe,
>if you're have a Main Drive of 6 or better higher than your
opponent
>you might have another shot, but I doubt it.

Please note that all or almost all IF ships are thrust 6 or
better.

Prev: [fh] why justify? was Re: [OT]-Interstellar Trade: A new take Next: Re: [OT]-Interstellar Trade: A new take