Prev: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR Next: Re: (FT) Re: Simple Sensors III

Re: Gauss Weapons

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2000 21:53:13 -0400
Subject: Re: Gauss Weapons

Brian Bilderback wrote:
> How QUICKLY do they become to sick and weak to do any harm? If the
effect
> isn't immediate, you still have a doomed, vengeance-bent enemy on your
> hands.

	Plutonium as a toxic substance is highly over-rated.

http://ans.ep.wisc.edu/~ans/point_source/AEI/may95/plutonium_eff.html

	After all, there were experiments in the early 1950's where
	people were injected with plutonium, none of them fell over
dead.

	Offhand I'd guess that an inject able dose of plutonium
	(i.e., one deliverable by a dart gun)
	would give the target cancer in about 30 years.

	It's easier to use a bullet.

Prev: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR Next: Re: (FT) Re: Simple Sensors III