Prev: Re: Trivial stuff in signature block Next: RE: Sensor Drones (was: Lasers can't be defended against?)

Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR

From: Robert Crawford <crawford@k...>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 20:53:06 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR

On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 10:21:56PM +0200, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
> Since two of the big advantages with gauss rifles and railguns over
> today's small arms is the high muzzle velocity (which gives good
> accuracy at long ranges) and small/light projectiles (so you can carry
> lots of them), designing a gauss small arm to fire large low-velocity
> projectiles sounds a bit contradictory.

	In one of the GURPS SF sourcebooks, they mention that
ship-board troops intentionally use sub-sonic, spherical rounds
in the gauss rifles in order to minimize equipment damage. It
seemed reasonable when I read it, at least.

--
						crawford@iac.net

"The bullets are just his way of saying 'Keep it down, I've got a
hangover.'"

Prev: Re: Trivial stuff in signature block Next: RE: Sensor Drones (was: Lasers can't be defended against?)