Prev: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff. Next: Trivial stuff in signature block

Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

From: wargamergmw@j...
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 17:48:13 EDT
Subject: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

Despite not having the rules yet, I am following this in a general
sense.
 SO, besides wanting to see the numbers/spreadsheet, say in the shared
files (or sent to my attachment friendly account
[WargamerGMW@hotmail.com]); I have a thought about the long term
campaign
idea to see if the progression of advancement of technology 'pays for
itself' (USA position) or not (much of the rest of the world) under
either system.

Does DS2 allow for this or would this require another set of rules (for
those who remember SPI - like the "grand strategic galaxy/generation"
part of their trio of SF board games that had Starsoldier at the "SG"
end
of the triad) that would present some kind of comparison?  I am not sure
that is too clear....  HOW would you run such a campaign (short of
number
crunching on your computer)?

Also, are there 'standard' weapons system types?  And if so, do they get
the "mass production costs' benefit that new designs might not get?  Or
does the system treat your creations as 'standard' for your particular
version of a star-state (to coin a word for governments beyond nations
and/or planets.)

Good discussion so far, at least the parts i can follow.

Gracias.
Glenn Wilson, Triple Threat Wargamer - (loses equally well in
SF/Fantasy/Historical Games.)  Prefers Fantasy Dwarves, Starguard
Science
Fiction, 1500-1700 North America Skirmishes, the First Crusade.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff. Next: Trivial stuff in signature block