Prev: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR Next: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 23:27:28 +0200
Subject: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

Laserlight wrote:

>>>It seems to me that	the advantage of a higher grade FC
>>>ought to be susceptible to numerical analysis.
>
> Oerjan snorted:
>
>>You don't really believe I'd go around claiming that Superior
>>FCs are roughly 70% better per-shot (or +30% to the vehicle cost)
>>than Basic ones unless I had already done the numbers, do you? :-/
>
>Didn't see that one.  So what's your DS2 Revised Points Cost
>Table?

There won't be one until I've done all the *other* numbers (there are a
*lot* more variables in DSII than in FB2 which I've been working on for
the past half year or so...), and preferrably done a lot more
playtesting as well. The FCS comparison is one of the easiest DSII
mechanics to analyse :-/

To expand on the value of good FCSs (parts of this was posted in a
reply to Brian some days back), upgrading from Basic to Enhanced FCS
improves the total value of your vehicle by around 20%; upgrading from
Basic to Superior FCS improves it by around 30%. Very rough numbers,
since they are averages over a rather wide span of situations :-/ (The
average improvements in hit rates is ~40% and ~70% respectively, though
since the tank with the better FCS is no harder to kill once hit the
value of the entire vehicle doesn't go up as much.)

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR Next: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.