Prev: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR Next: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR

Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 02:58:52 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR

>>Depends entirely upon whether you want a sniper weapon with a
sonic crack or
>>not - just like you can make sub-sonic bullets from a
conventional weapon.

>A gauss weapon with sub-sonic bullets is missing the point, I
think. At mv^^2,
>the mass of a gauss bullet is dropped but achieves superior
energy due to high
>velocities it reaches. If you want a subsonic projectile, you
should probably
>use a chemical slug thrower.

Reminds me of the aforementioned Traveler campaign.  Xray lasers
were supposed to be silent and invisible.  The engineer of the
group calculated that you'd see the line of superheated air
between laser and target, and hear the thunderclap, so it would
be a lot stealthier to take an M16..

Prev: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR Next: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR