Prev: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff. Next: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR

Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 20:50:39 -0400
Subject: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR

>>>Also... does it really have longer range bands than the IAVR, or does
>>>it have the *same* range bands (which "Heavy Weapons Range >>Bands",
>SGII p.37, seems to indicate)?
>>
>>Again, I'm no SGII player, but when I talked to someone about
>>converting the GMS/P to DSII, we seemed to agree it should have a
>>slightly GREATER range than the IAVR.  Your opinion, please?
>
>Realistically it the GMS/P should have longer range, certainly. I just
>couldn't find the rule in SGII which said that it actually *had* longer
>range in that game <g>

I hope I'm not responding to something already answered here, but the
GMS/P
in SG doesn't have rangebands at all.  Certainly it has much greater
range
in game terms than the IAVR - the IAVR is constrained by regular
infantry
ranges (as per the squad quality).  The GMS/P has effectively unlimited
range, and rolls it's guidance die versus the target's ECM - which is
unaffected by range.  So while there is no specific rule that says "the
GMS/P has longer range than the IAVR", that is the effect of their very
different game mechanics.

Prev: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff. Next: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR