Prev: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR Next: Re: [DS2] Thoughts on tactics and design.

RE: Breaking the trend with an FB2 question

From: Tim Jones <timcjones@w...>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 00:18:29 +0100
Subject: RE: Breaking the trend with an FB2 question

On Wednesday, April 26, 2000 4:04 PM, John Leary
[SMTP:john_t_leary@pronetusa.net] wrote:
> Jeremey Claridge wrote:

> Sounds like the ony error was allowing the pod to do damage
> against a ship.

He didn't say it did damage to a ship only that non attacked SV ships
fired
Interceptor Pod's (IP) at his Heavy Fighter (HF) group. Reading the IP
rules
it makes no mention of being able target ships (the KV Scattergun (SG)
rules do explicitly)
so, I agree you can't attack ships with IP's.

I'd say the intention in FB2 was to make the IP like the SG in attacking
fighters and
ordnance such as missiles. pp10: Scatterguns: para 9

Thus the reduction of HF kills to half is valid for IP's too

IP's can also fire on *any* target (Fighter Group , Missile, Plasma
Bolt) within 12mu
even those not attacking the firing ship pp23: Interceptor Pods: para 4

This last rule may be a bit ambiguous about whether you can attack any
target within 12mu
with an IP, even if its not attacking *anything*. My reading is an IP
can target anything
within 12mu whether attacking or just flying by.

Tim Jones
timcjones@wairose.com

Prev: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR Next: Re: [DS2] Thoughts on tactics and design.