Prev: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff. Next: [FT] AAR -- Cygnus Fleet Proving Exercise (L-O-N-G) Part 1

Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:17:53 PDT
Subject: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR

>From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
>To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
>Subject: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR
>Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 20:58:56 +0200
>
>Busy at work and not at home during the holidays adds up to a huge
>backlog <shrug>

Well, it's good to have you back.

> >Your critique of my arguement is duly noted.  But my question to you
>is
> >this: Do you think that a house rule for adding GMS/P to DS II should
> >allow for increased damage vs. infantry?
>
>No more than the IAVRs allow for increased damage vs infantry in DSII -
>ie, "no".

Here we agree.

>Hm... since I'm not an active SGII player I have probably missed
>something, but I can't find anything saying that a GMS/P can't be fired
>against infantry? It can't be fired in support, but it seems to be OK
>to fire it in its own action?

I'm not a SGII player PERIOD, so I can't comment.

>Also... does it really have longer range bands than the IAVR, or does
>it have the *same* range bands (which "Heavy Weapons Range Bands", SGII
>p.37, seems to indicate)?

Again, I'm no SGII player, but when I talked to someone about converting
the
GMS/P to DSII, we seemed to agree it should have a slightly GREATER
range
than the IAVR.	Your opinion, please?

Brian Bilderback

Prev: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff. Next: [FT] AAR -- Cygnus Fleet Proving Exercise (L-O-N-G) Part 1