Prev: Re: [GZG-ECC and GZGPedia] I Need Your Help! Next: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

RE: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR

From: "Steve Gill" <Steve@c...>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 19:27:31 +0100
Subject: RE: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR

Brian Bilderback

> One option which would not work for rapid fire weapons might work for
> gauss sniper rifle - a smaller battery and a capacitor - the
> battery doesn't
> have the juice to fire a round, and doesn't try - it merely recharges
> capacitor which stores up enough juice for one shote, fires it,
> then has to
> recharge.  Again, a very very slow rate of fire - but for an
> expert sniper,
> stealthy and capable of delivering a one shot one kill attack,
> it might be
> useful, since it would provide a lighter weapon.

Ouch! Sorry, but that's unlikely to be a popular option for a couple of
reasons.

Snipers currently depend on being able to take two shots in fairly rapid
succession so you'd have to increase your capacitor size somewhat.

Too many things to go wrong - snipers hate that. There's nothing as
miserable as spending a week or two crawling onto target to find you
have
an equipment failure and have to go all the way back again. A spare
spring
and firing pin are easy to carry, but spare batteries and capacitors?

Weapon weight is not a problem.

Isn't a gauss weapon very likely to leave a trail back to the firer?

---
Steve Gill
Steve@caws.demon.co.uk
http://www.caws.demon.co.uk/

Prev: Re: [GZG-ECC and GZGPedia] I Need Your Help! Next: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.