Prev: Re: Lasers can't be defended against? Next: [GZG-ECC and GZGPedia] I Need Your Help!

Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

From: Graeme Bradbury <graeme.bradbury@b...>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:03:56 +0100
Subject: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

Sorry About the time it took to reply. But ya know how inconvinient
writing a Dissertation is :-)

>>But Hitech has the firepower increase. And i dont mean bigger guns. A
>>High tech HKP/4 has more firepower than a loTech HKP/4. Because
>>the high tech is on a better chassis. It will tend to be firing at
closer
>>range, at side or rear armour, etc.
>
>How so? FireCon levels don't improve the quality of the chassis in the
game
>at all. Last I checked, according to the rules, a Low tech tank, with
basic
>firecon, basic ECM, no stealth, and an HVC 3, if it's Fast Tracked, has
the
>exact same movement ability as a High Tech tank, with Superior FireCon,

>Superior ECM, full stealth, sporting an MDC 5.  And this gives IT the
>advantage, since closer ranges actually favor the Low Tech side (Their
odds
>of hitting go up, while the High Tech side wants to hold the low techs
at
>bay, out where the Hi Tech guns can hit and the Low Techs can't).

You above example is medium tech, not high. Grav/Fast GEV is 25% or 250%
faster depending on travel mode. Generally more because of additional
advantage of easier terran choice

And as for the range advantage. (on average the below results are true)

Basic fire control (stationary(half Move)/moving full)
Short range against D8 target
miss/miss

Medium range against D8 target
miss/miss

Long range against D8 target
miss/Can't Fire

Superior fire control (stationary(half Move)/moving full)
Short range against D8 target
Hit/Hit

Medium range against D8 target
Hit/Miss

Long range against D8 target
Miss/Miss

So basically your average basic FC can't hit a barn door. And at long
range Sup
FC needs luck to hit a MBT. The hi-techs speed advantage needs to be
used, to
get close to their target.

I think you also mis-understood what i meant by close. Since close is
very
relative to what you are armed with. High techs long range HEL's and
MDC's have
a close range on par with your average lo techs long or medium range.

My 2 pence
Graeme

Prev: Re: Lasers can't be defended against? Next: [GZG-ECC and GZGPedia] I Need Your Help!