Prev: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR Next: Re: Gauss Weapons

Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.(long and boring)

From: "Anthony Leibrick" <a.leibrick@v...>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 00:05:06 +0100
Subject: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.(long and boring)

> >I would also like to see the stats for hte two forces that started
this
> >discussion Since, from what i could tell, they were rather
multi-purpose
> >toys.
> >
> >Just my 2 pence
> >Graeme
>

> Ditto.
>
> Brian Bilderback

Well seeing I've had 2 requests, I'll try to oblige. Though I can only
give
a detailed break down of the Hi-tech force.

Command Unit
MRT IV/C(ommand)
Size 3, Basic Sig d8, Stealth 2, Eff Target Die d12, Mobility Grav(FGP)
ECM superior, Armour 2, C3 Centre, LAD, APSW(free) 4 capacity free
395 points
MRT IV/C
As above but without the C3 centre and 12 free capacity    295 points
Infantry(line) 2 rifle, 1 APSW, 1 GMS/L(enhanced) 120 points
TOTAL 810 points

Mechanised Platoon
4 MRT IV (APC)
Size 3, Basic Sig d8, Stealth 2, Eff Target Die d12, Mobility Grav(FGP)
FC(enh), ECM(sup), Armour 2, HEL/1, GMS/L(enh), LAD, APSW(free),
8 free capacity   @ 331 points, 1324 points
Infantry(line) 4 assualt, 2 GMS/L(enh), 2 APSW 240 points
TOTAL 1564 points

Recce Platoon
4 MRT IV/R(econnaissance)
as above but replaced FC with superior, HEL with DFFG/2 and GMS/L(enh)
with
superior, 4 free capacity    @377 points, 1508 points
Infantry(line) 4 rifle	   80 points
TOTAL 1588 points

Anti-tank Platoon
4 MRT IV/M(issile)
as above no FC, 3 x GMS/H(sup)	  @390 points
TOTAL 1560 points

Tank Platoon
4 MBT
size 3,  Armour 3 ,basic sig d8, stealth 2, target die d12, grav
mobility(FGP), FC(sup), ECM(sup), MDC/3, GMS/H(sup), APSW(free) APFC @
350
points
TOTAL 1400 points

Area Defence Unit
size 3, armour 3, basic sig d8/d6, stealth 2, target die d12/d6, grav
mobility(FGP), FC(sup), ECM(sup), ADS (enh)    @ 535 points
TOTAL 1070 points

Aerospace
2 flights of 2 Ground Attack Aerospace
Size 3, Armour 2, basic sig d8, FC(sup), ECM (sup), MDC/3, 2 DFO pods
@ 397 points
TOTAL 1588 points

Casevac
4 VTOLs @ 100 points
TOTAL 400 points

FORCE TOTAL 9980 points (I had originally said 8000 but had forgotten
about
the casevac and aerospace

Low Tech Force
It's hard to remember the exact composition. The MBTs I think were size
4,
armour 4, fast track(CFE) HVC/5 FC(basic)or (enh) PDS(basic) no ECM
no stealth. They were in units of 5 or 6. He was using a mix of Abrams
and
T72/80. There was also some 'Shilkas' as one flight of aerospace aborted
an
attack run. He had no infantry or artillery.

Tony L

"At the age of four with paper hats
and wooden swords we're all Generals.
Only some of us never grow out of it".
 - Peter Ustinov

It's Time to Take Advantage of the Internet.
Join AllAdvantage.com at
http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=LBY-249

Prev: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR Next: Re: Gauss Weapons