Prev: Re: [OT]-Missing Something? Next: Re: Gauss Weapons

Re: Rail guns info

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 19:56:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Rail guns info

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 17:36:49 +0100 (BST), JEREMY CLARIDGE
<jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

>ok all this talk of rail guns and so forth is very
>interesting but are there any good articles on the
>net that explain the principles behind it and
>other weapons?
>
>not to technical mind you not all of us on this list
>work for defence agencies :)

Not sure how technical/non-technical you really want it, but I got these
URLs
from a friend the last time this subject came up:

:Base page at U of Texas:
:    http://www.utexas.edu/research/cem/sd03/el.html
:
:Includes phrases such as "true tactically configured EM gun".
:    http://www.utexas.edu/research/cem/rd/rd02/02.html
:
:Now go to the page:
:    http://www.utexas.edu/research/cem/rd/rd01/01.html
:
:A real treasure - and Canadian to boot. Reports, links, details,
:and a railgun mailing list.
:    http://www.perpetual.net/kyle/railgun.html
:
:A nice list of abstracts - yes, someone has broken 10 km/s...
:    http://www.sover.net/~geoffk/abstract.txt

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: [OT]-Missing Something? Next: Re: Gauss Weapons