Prev: Rail guns info Next: Re: Gauss Weapons

Re: Gauss Weapons

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 13:51:44 EDT
Subject: Re: Gauss Weapons

In a message dated 4/25/00 10:17:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
Thomas.Barclay@cbu.xwavesolutions.com writes:

<<
 My point was that you should never get a dud with a gauss round. On any
 chemically propelled round, you could get a dud. In a multi-barrell
cannon,
 that might not matter (the round is ejected) but it is one round less
 downrange. Not a significant issue compared to the ammo weight or
 penetration issues.

Given the same weapon weight and bulk and given more effective magnetic
acceleration than we have today - sure it would be better - this is a
game,
ain't it?

Prev: Rail guns info Next: Re: Gauss Weapons