Prev: Stabilization, was Tank ROF Next: RE: DS2: IAVR and GMS/P

Re: Chainguns vs. Gatlings

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 21:33:52 -0400
Subject: Re: Chainguns vs. Gatlings

Just for giggles, we can also throw into the arena the multi-chamber
single
barrel electric driven weapons...  (sans chain, I believe)

These have multiple (rotating) chambers, but a single barrel.  Very odd.

Actually, the only application of these that I know of is in aircraft -
the
F5 was armed with two 20mm cannon of this type (as opposed to the much
more
typical 20mm gatling used in nearly all other recent US fighter
aircraft).

Adrian Johnson
adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca

Prev: Stabilization, was Tank ROF Next: RE: DS2: IAVR and GMS/P