Prev: Re: Lasers can't be defended against? Next: Re: Lasers can't be defended against?

Re: Tank ROF, was Re: DS2 Balance

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 20:37:34 EDT
Subject: Re: Tank ROF, was Re: DS2 Balance

In a message dated 4/24/00 6:16:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
rspainho@mines.edu writes:

<<
 As to accuracy, the weapon system will engage out to 3.5km with a 90%+
PH/PK, if
 properly boresighted and layed.

 I don't object to the rules as written (ie. ROF increases w/tech
lvl)...someone
 asked if an Abrams had a higher effective ROF than a Sherman, and I
replied
in
 the negative.	In a game environment, it's cooler to have higher-tech
AFVs
shoot
 faster, so let the rule stand, by all means.

Gun stabilization allows the gunner to keep his sights on the target and
the
gun posts up and down relative to the hull of the tank allowing it to
fire
accurately while moving. Without stabilization tank vs. tank wwarfare is
series of dashes and halts. Run fast to be a bad target - slam to a stop
take a shot when you have it.

Prev: Re: Lasers can't be defended against? Next: Re: Lasers can't be defended against?