Prev: Re: Tank ROF, was Re: DS2 Balance Next: Re: Lasers can't be defended against?

Re: Lasers can't be defended against?

From: wargamergmw@j...
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 19:23:34 EDT
Subject: Re: Lasers can't be defended against?

Can be active or passive (as today.)

Gracias.
Glenn Wilson, Triple Threat Wargamer - (loses equally well in
SF/Fantasy/Historical Games.)  Prefers Fantasy Dwarves, Starguard
Science
Fiction, 1500-1700 North America Skirmishes, the First Crusade.

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000 19:36:00 +0100 (BST) Tom Anderson
<thomas.anderson@university-college.oxford.ac.uk> writes:
>On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay wrote:
>
>> very much like we have such systems for planes nowadays (on the good
>> planes) that automatically detect IR locks and start tossing flares
>> BEFORE the pilot can react most times...
>
>now, i'm no expert, but i thought IR guidance was passive - how
>exactly do
>you detect someone looking at you?
>
>tom a

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: Tank ROF, was Re: DS2 Balance Next: Re: Lasers can't be defended against?