Prev: Re: Lasers can't be defended against? Next: Re: Over the Great Pond in 4 Days

Over the Great Pond in 4 Days

From: "Kevin Walker" <sage5@h...>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 15:51:07 -0500
Subject: Over the Great Pond in 4 Days

For all the complaints I've heard (and had) with the postal
connections via the UK and the USA I must report one good event.

I ordered a copy of FB2 and a number of Phalon models to fill out my
fleet from Jon on Wednesday, the 19th of this month.  Jon emailed to
say he got them out on Thursday but that there were two bank holidays
in the UK.

To my surprise guess what arrived in the mail a little under 4 days
after they were sent - I couldn't believe it.

I was involved in the play-test of FB2 - still I'm excited to have the
actual book in my hands.  The cover looks great and fits with the look
on FB2.  The new ship system symbols look great and the ship images
will definitely help me identify the models - Yes, I'm a little
forgetful of which ship is which especially when their so close in
size.

The Phalon minis are wonderful.  I'm trying to decide on a color
scheme and I believe I'm going with a dark gray to pink blending with
nodules and details done in a dark to medium blue.  I thought this
would make them icky enough with making them unusable <G>.  Any
thoughts?

I'll let the list know furthers after I've had a chance to assemble
them.

All in all I'd highly recommend purchasing the FB2 book, as many
Phalon ships as possible or better yet both.

Kevin Walker
sage5@home.com

Prev: Re: Lasers can't be defended against? Next: Re: Over the Great Pond in 4 Days