Prev: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle Next: Fox (I THINK) Was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

Re: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 12:41:49 PDT
Subject: Re: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

This brings up a subject which I'd like to address because of my own
semi-ignorance:

Can someone explain to me the difference between a chaingun and a
minigun?
I thought that both were types of gatling weapons, with revolving
barrels.
I do know from the reading I've done that there do exist modern gatlings
in
both 5.56 and 7.62 mm.	The 5.56mm, I'm assuming, would be a minigun,
but if
I'm wrong, please correct me.  If I'm correct, please tell me what the
7.62mm would be, and again, how to differentiate between chain gun and
minigun.

Thanks,

Brian Bilderback